Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

My yard isn't really the kind of yard that you can dig up and plant a big garden.  So I decided to do a container garden.  Since this is my first attempt in the Central Flordia area I am sticking with several varieties of tomatoes and some kitchen herbs.  We are still having a few cold snaps here and there so I am using a seed tray to start things off.  These are my little seedlings.  They are doing so well so far!  I can't wait until I can put them in pretty pots.  Are any of you doing a garden this year?  There are so many ways of having a garden, post about it!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

We are currently in the process of seeing if we can do a garden or not. (Renting . . . gotta love it.) I, however, have no idea how to do a garden, so if it is approved, off to the library I go. Think they have a "Gardening for Dummies" book?

Petertammenson said...

oh, I am so jealous! We need to talk soon, as we're not gardening anymore since we'll be moving out of state in a very few weeks! Crazy life!

ilikewinter said...

Hi! I found your blog through your comment on Katie's site; hope you don't mind! I'm originally from Florida as well- Ormond Beach, right north of Daytona- and my family is still all there. I do a ton of container gardening out here in Utah out of necessity (no yard) and that picture sure does look familiar! =) I'd love to hear about your progress with this. My family (in FL) would like to start a little garden as well and seeing what works for you would probably help them a little more than just my experience in Utah! I hope you're planning on following up with it! =)