But now I am better and Thanksgiving is past (we had the big dinner at our house this year) so now I can blog again! I know you all are cheering :)
Dr. Dale Meeks (whom Adam bought the dental practice from) and his wife Patty invited Adam and I up to Georgia to their hunting cabin for the weekend. Early Thursday morning we dropped the kids off at Grammy's house and drove about 6 hours into Georgia. It was so nice to have time together to just talk! We got there at about 5pm and Adam and Dale got dressed from head to toe in camo and off they went. The Meeks own several hundred acres in southern Georgia and during the season they hunt. Deer, wild turkey, coyotes, and I don't know what else. This is a whole new world for both Adam and I. And yes, I did go out twice hunting (can you image? you'll see picture evidence soon . . .) Although I shot pictures instead of fire arms, it was fun. I haven't done a lot of nature photography, and with no kids I took full advantage of the opportunity. Adam, sadly, didn't get a chance to shoot anything. But we had such a wonderful time. The weather was cold and felt like a nice brisk autumn, the Meeks were warm and generous hosts. They made us feel at home and perfectly comfortable. We had fun being together with friends and experiencing new things.
Now you can see some of the pictures I took, fair warning . . . there are a few.
*I have to say here that I know my legs are the size of Adam's waist in this picture. But I am wearing some awesome winter overalls with sweat pants underneath and Adam is only wearing a regular pair of pants with some layers underneath. Anyone want to guess who was warmer at 6 that morning?
Target Practice
Adam and Dale
Off they go . . .













5 comments:
Again, beautiful photos! What a lovely place to be. I love the one with Bambi's father!
I love them! Nature photography is defiantly one to do without kids... I think that was the secret to Ansel Adams' success. :)
Your photos are fantastic! I love the irony of your California man out hunting in the Georgia wilderness - brought a chuckle! And you all dolled up too, camo style!
What?!?! You were in GEORGIA?!?! Now I'm jealous. :)
Now that's an adventure. How fun. Well not the hunting part but the wilderness and taking pictures, being away from life and enjoying good company. Great pictures and I love you both in camo. Classic.
Post a Comment