Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our New Addition

IMG_4007.jpg

Sophie Karyn Barr
was born on August 10, 2011 at 1:57 am
at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 inches

This was the best one so far!!  Labor went really well and very quickly.  We couldn't believe it ~ as I mentioned in my previous post, both Ian and Clara took quite a while to come . . . over 24 hours.  Sophie came in about 7!  Two pushes and there she was.  I still felt fresh when it was all over.  Of course, after about a day of recovering from Labor and add to that the eating habits of a new born and I wasn't feeling so chipper anymore.

Sorry it's taken me a little while to get this post up.  With my two kids and the baby and trying to rest whenever I can I haven't been able to get to the computer.  

Here are a few pictures from the hospital, right after Sophie was born.  Just getting to know each other pictures.
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

This one is sweet . . . just the girls.
IMG_0106.jpg

Our first picture as a family.
IMG_0109.jpg

We are all doing well.  Sophie has a touch of jaundice so we are nursing a lot and spending a little time on the back porch.  My mom has been indispensable the last couple of weeks.  She had Clara and Ian during the hospital visit and even kept them for a few days after we came home from the hospital so Adam and I could have a little more time getting to know our little daughter together.  Thank you Mom, we love you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah ha! The blog post I've been waiting for. Sorry to harass you into posting. She is beautiful and we are so excited for you!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Congratulations!! Sophie is beautiful, and I'm glad labor was easier for you!

It was a pleasure to have Ian in Nursery last Sunday. He was very well behaved. :0)

Olivia said...

That first picture is so sweet. Such a perfect little face. I know I already said congrats but I figured I could again. Glad all went so well. She is beautiful and I"m sure the other kiddos are elated that she has finally arrived. Welcome to the world of three kids!

MissMari~ said...

She is lovely and so dear! Rest when you can! You look great!

Melanie said...

So glad I thought to check your blog! How wonderful for your family! Beautiful name and, of course, beautiful baby. I'm so excited for sophie to be born to such a wonderful home! Sure thinking about you during this awfully difficult time of adding #3 into the flow of things!!!

Shannon said...

Wow, she's beautiful! Congratulations!