Clara's gave her first talk in Primary today. She did so GREAT! This being new for us I wasn't really sure how to go about getting her ready for it. Of course I googled, who wouldn't? And the best advice I found on a blog. "Talk to your child about the topic", it said "and then write down what they say, then you have yourself a talk!" So that's what I did. And we came up with a really cute talk. Clara is the type of child who likes to do things herself. And she is pretty good at memorizing, but a 2 minute talk is a little more information than one scripture verse. So we divided up the talk onto 8 different 3x5 cards and she drew pictures on each one to help her know what the words said. We practiced, practiced, practiced. And she did fantastic, I wish we could have video taped it. I actually did this morning at home, but she did better at the real thing. The topic was Being Reverent and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy can Strengthen our Family. Anyway, here is one of her prompt cards.

And here is her talk:
"It’s important to have a strong family. and being reverent and keeping the sabbath day holy can help our families grow together. To be reverent we pray, and listen, and fold our arms and close our eyes and the spirit can teach us. Sunday is a special day. We go to church and do church activities. We visit friends and family on Sunday. I like to read the Friend magazine and watch church movies on Sunday. I don’t go swimming, or to the store, or run around outside. I want to be obedient to my mommy and daddy and to Heavenly Father so I’ll keep the sabbath day holy and be reverent so we can be a strong and happy family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
3 comments:
WOW! I am SUPER impressed by Clara!! She is already a spiritual giant at age 5 to come up with a great talk like that!
I have been meaning to email you, actually, to tell you that her talk on Sunday was basically the cutest, most sincere little talk I have witnessed! It is when I hear these sweet testimonies that I am reminded that these kids were truly saved for these times. Kussod to yoou for being her fabulous mom!
Oh, that is so sweet! You must have been bust-your-guts proud!
Post a Comment