So I walk into Clara's bathroom looking for her swim suit to get ready for swim lessons . . . and this is what I find! Can you imagine?? The background here is that Clara got a real haircut last Friday (I'll post pictures soon.) It ended up being shorter than she would have liked. And although she didn't really have a meltdown or a fit about it, she has ever-s0-calmly said things like "I don't want short hair, Mom." or "I don't want to look in the mirror, because I don't want to see my short hair." Would that break your heart? I have been feeling really guilty about it. The haircut isn't so bad, it a kind of a bob. I thought it would help thicken up her hair if we shortened it. But it really did end up a little shorter than I had in mind. Anyway . . . moving on. So I find this. She really wouldn't tell me why, but is it a coincidence that this happens so close to a "traumatic" haircut?
Results: Luckily, and I don't know how, but she cut some hair over her ear but underneath, so as long as I don't do any pig tails for a while, you can't see it. I am thinking that I will keep my scissors in some weird place, like the top shelf in my closet.


3 comments:
I think that's pretty normal. I remember that I cut my own hair- and gave myself lovely crooked bangs. I think that she probably just cut her own hair because she had just been exposed to it, and probably not as much as that she didn't like it per say. I think that you are pretty lucky she didn't get really creative!
Surely this isn't her first time ever. I remember her cutting hers and Kalli's hair when Rob's family was over. Isn't that right?
I seem to remember Adam telling me a story once about cutting his hair to make hay to put in his toy barn for the horses. I thought it was so funny I still tell people sometimes. I cut my hair around that age too and hid it behind stuff all over the house. I think every kid should have a story about giving themself a haircut.
Post a Comment