We have been a little preoccupied this season (I'll blog why soon . . .), so until this last weekend all we had managed to do was put up the tree and stockings. I have been feeling really guilty about not doing more with my kids to get in the holiday spirit. Adam and I have some plans to help them learn about service during Christmas, which is important . . . but I enjoy all those little things that children love about the holidays and remember their whole lives!
I made these festive pancakes, aren't they cute? So fun!
And even though Christmas is less than a week away, Adam finally had some free time and decided we had to have lights. So on Saturday . . .
And here is our tree. Not the prettiest to look at, I know. When we first set the tree up I did try to decorate is pretty and even out all the ornaments. I even put the soft ornaments towards the bottom for Ian. But, well . . . as you can see Ian can reach about half-way up the tree. You have heard the phrase "pick your battles", and I conceded defeat on the second day. The kids think the tree is great and I love it because of that. I have years of "pretty trees" in my future, but only so many Christmases with babies in the house. I am going to enjoy them while I have them.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:
I love the pancakes!
My Christmas tree is decorated that way, too! I'd way rather the kids enjoy Christmas then get yelled at 80 times a day to leave the tree alone! It's easier for me, too!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment