Saturday, May 9, 2009

Something WICKED This Way Came!

It's our 6th Anniversary this year.  I am a little embarrassed to admit that for one reason or another (pregnancy and sick, newborn, no babysitter) we have never been able to do anything to celebrate our special day.  Well . . . maybe we ordered take-out, but I would prefer to think that's not good enough.  Anyway, I noticed a few weeks ago that Wicked was on tour in Jacksonville and was able to purchase the last two tickets together (that I could find on those online diagrams)!  And they ended up being great seats, close to the front where you can really enjoy what's going on.  Jacksonville is a 2 hour drive so Adam took the afternoon off work.  We thought about staying the night, but I am still nursing Ian and was a little uncomfortable with that idea.  Anyway, we had the BEST time.  Having to drive so far to get there made it feel more special, like we were getting away from everything.  We had a nice dinner and really, really enjoyed the show.  The drive home was a little long, we got home last night about 1:30a, but seemed about 3 or 4a (when did I get so old that I can't stay up that late?)  Luckily this morning Adam and the kids let me sleep in, that was my requested Mother's Day present.  And let me tell you it was blissful, I couldn't have asked for anything that I would have enjoyed more!  

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful Mothers, and Happy Anniversary to me and Adam on the 16th -- I love you Adam!

5 comments:

America said...

Awesome! Congratulations! That sounds like it was lots of fun!

Petertammenson said...

Oh, soo much fun to get away! Good for you! And yes, it's true, we cannot stay up late... My body goes into revolt at 11pm these days.

Holbrook Girls said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun evening!

Greg and Lara said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love "Wicked", and that's so great you were able to see it. Although I do also love the movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes," but nobody ever seems to know about it. We ended up booking a cruise that leaves this Sunday from Tampa, so sadly it looks like we won't be visiting at the end of May. :(

The Pretty Neat Company said...

Hey! I saw Wicked on Broadway last fall--it is the best! Your kids are adorable!