Friday, September 17, 2010

Family Friday Night Date

We love Friday! Adam has the day off and I look forward to Fridays all week. The only thing that would make them better would be if Clara didn't have school and we could all play together all day (like we used to before Kindergarten . . . )

Adam and I wanted to make tonight fun with the kids, so we decided to grill and all make dinner together.

First we had to prepare everything. Here we have the kids putting shrimp on skewers.

IMG_2428.jpg

Then it was out to the grill for Daddy's turn . . .

IMG_2448.jpg

to grill away . . .

IMG_2455.jpg

Of course the kids wanted to be set free~but dinner was almost ready, and we knew if we let them out dinner would be cold before we could corral them back to the dinner table.

IMG_2462.jpg

This is how Clara felt about our decision.

IMG_2451.jpg

Distraction . . . "Come and try this Ian!"

IMG_2465.jpg

Dinner's Ready!! Yum!

IMG_2467.jpg



Happy Kids,
Happy Parents,
Good Family Night!

*Yes, I know . . . I am not in any of these! I did think about asking Adam to take some pictures with me in them ( I was even wearing my cute apron to match the kids) but I could tell he was in his I'm focused on what I'm doing here, I'm not going to want to change gears mindsets. Next time, I promise. I am going to do better about that, there need to be some pictures of mom here!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Oh yum! Can you come and cook for me?
Keep up the traditions! You r kids will always remember!