Monday, September 13, 2010

Practice, practice, practice


I am currently taking a photography class and this week one of the things we are working on is night-time photography. Very cool concept, but it does take practice and patience.

Behind the camera: I was sitting on a grassy hill in the near dark with my camera on a tripod (that I hadn't figured out how to use yet) while mosquitos were swarming around me. One of the tricks to this is time, letting the camera shutter stay open for a long time. Needless to say I got about 3 shots before the bugs chased me back inside :) Good times.

Good evening everyone!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

It's pretty! I really want to take a phtography class and have a cool expensive camera. That is something I have developed an interest in lately. I really should someday!

candace said...

that's awesome! i don't know about there, but here there are quite a few moms who do professional photography on the side...may be an option :)

Ira and Claudia said...

That's pretty cool, not the mosquitos, but that you're taking photography classes. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Olivia said...

What a cool shot. Is this the same class that you've shared tips from? You'll have to send me the info on it. I want to do another one.